Monday, January 7, 2013

Hello there!


My mister and me

Thanks so much for stopping by!  
Right now you might be saying "Shaina, what is the deal with your blog's weirdo name?".
I will tell you!
Hock and Frock are my mom and grandma.  Lily... that's me.
We really like to decorate and create together, and somewhere along the way (none of us quite remembers how or why) we became Hock, Frock, and Lily.   
Utterly nonsensical, yes, but also sentimental and a little catchy.

This blog is going to be a place for me to *attempt to* organize my rather abstract thoughts, chronicle my design dreams, relay adventures in cooking and entertaining, share encouragement, record memories, and hopefully meet some friends... and maybe learn how to NOT take 3 hours writing a single post.  Who knows, maybe I'll even get Hock and Frock to join in the blogging fun from time to time!

Wulp, here goes nothin! 
(nothing but 3 hours worth of typing and deleting, that is)

-Shaina, aka. Lily



Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful start! Looking forward to seeing your dream designs! I have had the pleasure of seeing some of those dreams turn into esthetically beautiful and functional spaces. You have an incredible gift and I'm so excited to see you share your talents with others. I have no doubt that this blog will become a favorite for many to visit for inspiration, ideas and just a good laugh from time to time. Happy blogging Lily! You've got what it takes to succeed! Much love...your partner in design and all things fun...Frock

 
At January 8, 2013 at 5:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write your passion for that day, that’ll cut out at least two hours of just sitting there trying to start it.
Have somebody else read it that hasn’t a clue about your interest; if they understand it, and it makes sense to them, so will it to everybody else.

 
At January 18, 2013 at 9:34 PM , Blogger J.K. English said...

I love your style and sense of order/chaos and I still need you to help me design my dream living room. You have an eye, all I have is one good eye* and that hasn't got me very far. So glad you are here with me in this crazy world. I am excited to catch up with you here. I promise I won't stalk..ok, just a little.

 
At January 28, 2013 at 5:22 AM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

I would LOVE to "help" you with your living room! (I say "help" because you have great style yourself, and it would really just be super fun!!)
xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home