Tuesday, January 15, 2013

luscious green soup

I made Green Soup for dinner last night, and I've got one thing to say about it-
YUM.  
Green soup should be the law, people.   Green soup for President!!

*note: It was technically called Creamy Broccoli soup, but that conjures images in my mind of Broccoli- Cheese soup and this is NOT Broccoli- Cheese soup, so to avoid any confusion I will be calling it 'Green soup'.  Clever and original, no?
It is hard to make green soup look appealing- bear with me.
Green soup is all sorts of wonderful.  Healthy.  Easy.  Quick.  Comforting.  Looks like baby food.  ( hey- my blog, my definition of wonderful.)
Anyways, if you want a meal that is all of the above, you will need:

1 head broccoli (1 lb), cut into small pieces/ florets
1 yellow onion, diced
3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 can of Great Northern White beans (15 oz.), drained
2.5 cups of Vegetable stock
salt & pepper
parmesan, for serving

Start by steaming up that broccoli...

When the broccoli is bright green and fork- tender, separate out 1 cup of the florets and set aside. 

Saute the onions and garlic in a little olive oil until onions are translucent.  Add vegetable stock and beans and bring to a simmer.
simmersimmersimmer

Add broccoli and puree in batches.  Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with the remains of the artisan cheese bread from your parents that you were maniacally scarfing on the way home from church.
(what is it about church that makes you SO hungry??)
 
 
we did a number on this poor bread...
 
Garnish with thin slices of parmesan and the broccoli florets.
 
Promptly devour the delicious and nutritious soup you have made.

 


{Please disregard the Christmas-y centerpiece... we still have our tree up, too...}

We really really really liked this soup, and will definitely be making it again.   Green soup... It's a good thing.  ;)


peace, love, and luscious soup~
Lily

PS.  recipe originally from 
here







Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At January 15, 2013 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks delicious...even tho it's healthy :). You have inspired me...I made butternut squash soup for dinner tonight. I even served it with French bread rolls. Gotta love soup on a cold winter day:) thanks for the inspiration!

 
At January 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM , Blogger J.K. English said...

where did my comment go? I posted!! I promise!! You are on my blog team and I want to be on yours!! I LOVE your pictures and your fun recipe!! I want to come to your house and eat all your FOOOOD!!!

 
At January 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM , Blogger *laura* said...

looks great! yum!

 
At January 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

Thank you, dearest Mother and Jana! And Laura- thank you so much for checking out my little tiny baby blog! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home