Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Random...

Good afternoon, dear readers.

Today- because it is a randomly warm and rainy winter Tuesday, because I have a lot of random crap on the brain, and because I don't feel like cleaning the bathroom or grocery shopping- I shall assemble my random thoughts in list form for your reading enjoyment. (...and lets be honest, who doesn't love to read random lists? Actually, don't answer that...) 


photo of Florence, Italy
taken by the talented Frock, via

1. I loved this movie. I cried my eyes out like a little pansy, but not necessarily because it was sad. It was mostly because of the powerful message of grace, and the incredible talent that I was beholding. These tears were in the same catagory as beautiful-sunset tears and listening-to-Jackie-Evancho-sing tears and eating-amazing-food tears.
Am I the only one who gets misty-eyed over an incredible culinary experience?


2. Speaking of culinary experiences, my mister and I had an epic one this weekend. Our lives are forever changed. The sky has turned a deeper shade of blue, and the future looks ever so bright.
Why? Cheddar Cheese Grits. Thats why.
I want to eat them every day for the rest of my life. I'm hardly kidding. Along with Buttermilk Baconcakes.
Oh. my. goodness.

 3. I need to get out of this peculiar cooking rut I am in. I have literally been cooking nothing but soup for the past couple weeks.... and usually it is of the pureed variety. Poor Mister. His wife keeps feeding him baby food.  Maybe someday I can learn to cook like the famous Bengali Mama....  a girl can dream, right?

 4. I am so excited to have a house of our own to play with, but I'm truly so thankful for where we are right now.   I love our little rental and I know leaving it will be bittersweet.

5. Currently listening to (and loving!) this.

6. I loved this post about hospitality. Actually, I just love her whole blog and have been a faithful reader for the past few years. God has seriously used her words to challenge and break my heart in so many ways... my dreams and prayers for the future definitely look a bit different because of this.


 7. If you are bored, you should read the reviews for this. Too stinkin' funny!


 8. I am looking into this program... anyone have experience/ thoughts?

9. I have developed a dangerous new habit of adding vanilla ice-cream to my coffee.   Send help quickly!


 10. Do yourself a favor and watch this video: 



Well, I'm off to figure out more ways to put off cleaning the bathroom.  Wish me luck!
Happy Tuesday, everyone!
xoxo

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At January 29, 2013 at 8:41 PM , Blogger J.K. English said...

1. I also loved Les Mis. I haven't cried that much during a film since, well, since all dogs go to heaven.
2. Where can i find these Cheese and Grits? I would like to try!
3. Girl, you sure know how to encourage a tiny nobody like me..
9. I want to go to here. I am going to copy this brilliant idea. tomorrow.

 
At January 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

Oh my word- les mis. *sigh*.
You might yell at me for #9... It is addicting!! As far as cheese grits? I have four magic words for you: Electric Cheetah's Sunday Brunch.
As far as #3? I mean it! You are truly an inspiration :)

 
At February 2, 2013 at 4:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I about died reading the reviews for that banana slicer LOL. As far as the interior design course goes...save your $$ everyone has their own personal style. I get a lot of inspiration from Emily Chalmers (her books are amazing!). Any luck with the house search?

 
At February 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

I just googled Emily Chalmers- LOVE her style!! I am adding her books to my wish list for sure. No luck with the house search quite yet... we are actually starting to get a little burnt out! As lame as it might be, we will probably end up living with my parents for a while when our lease is up until we find the right house. :)

 
At February 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

(((( not that it would be lame to live with my parents- it would just be a bummer to not find a house!))))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home