Monday, February 25, 2013

Moody Mondays... {spring fling}


G'mornin!

Happy Monday to you all!  (all two of you  ;)
And a very happy Monday it is for this girl- Mister Hott Husband is in town this week!  Can I get a 'WOOT WOOT'?!  Party ovah here!!
I can't believe another week has begun already... last week flew by.  It's already time for another Moody Monday post!


I get to spend the week with this hunk


We spent yesterday afternoon walking through a couple of houses with my aunt, who is our superstar Realtor, Karla Huitsing of Towne Square Real Estate.   We found one that we are pretty excited about... and we have hit the ground running/ praying and are eager to see if this ends up being the 'one'.... EEK!    I'm trying to stay calm about it, but failing pitifully.  I just can't stinkin' wait to decorate sumthin' for goodness sake!  

The funny thing about this house is that it is by far the most outdated house we have walked through, but the one we are most excited about in all our time of house hunting.  We love the layout, the neighborhood, the location, the fireplaces, porch, backyard... the psychedelic carpet in the basement ...etc. etc.  ;)  From what we gather, the previous owners were actually the original owners.  They lived there for 50+ years and they were incredibly meticulous in the maintenance of the home.    It gives me such a good feeling to think of that- that this was some sweet couples dream house that they built and loved and cared for so well all those years....

Anyways- I created the mood board below a couple of weeks ago, but I think it fits the feel that I would want to do in the master bedroom of the house we are looking at.  Romantic, light, airy, comfortable, restful.... and, as always, very eclectic.
  

Bedroom
The chandelier is a little quirky in the room, but I have always been intrigued by this style.... and what a better place to put love letters!  I tend to shy away from symmetry for some weird reason, but in this instance I really feel that it grounds the space and gives it such a restful quality.   I have been loving a palette soft pinks and grays and creamy-whites lately... it just feels fresh and springtimey to me, and I feel that the leather chair and the clean lines of the bed help to balance the feminine aspects of the room.  Pink does not have to mean 'baby girl'.  It can look so sophisticated and soft when used in small doses in grown up spaces.  AND- did you know that pink is considered to be one of the most relaxing colors?  It is sometimes even used in prison cells to calm inmates.  Not that I want to think of prison cells while decorating our room, but it is an interesting fact nonetheless!
To my surprise, hubster said that this was his fave of all the boards I have done.   (I didnt know what he would think of the pink, but he totally approved!)    

What do you think of pink?  Would you decorate with it?

xoxo,
Shaina



Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At February 25, 2013 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Yay! How exciting for you both! The board looks awesome. You are very talented Shaina!

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:56 AM , Blogger J.K. English said...

Pink really is a lovely color! I love a peachy pink color, or maybe a coral pink? I'm not good at matching them like you, but I like to wear them in the summer! Reminds me of sunshine and warmth and tan skin and vacation. I really do love seeing how you work things together!

 
At February 27, 2013 at 9:31 AM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

Thank you so much Courtney! =)

 
At February 27, 2013 at 9:34 AM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

I love those shades of pink too! Definitely makes me pine for summer or another trip to Mexico =) and thank you, as always, for your encouragement!!

 
At February 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! I have a really bad habit of buying things for rooms that I don't yet own/are not finished yet but.... that chandelier in your picture is on sale for around $100 at Cottage Corner in Holland! They have one hanging in the way back corner of the shop! Just thought I'd let ya know!

 
At March 1, 2013 at 12:30 AM , Blogger *laura* said...

love it! xo

 
At March 1, 2013 at 6:07 AM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

Thank you Laura! =)

 
At March 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hello there Lily! I love both of the rooms you posted on Mood Monday's boards. And what a charming idea for love notes in the master bedroom. I think this is one of my fav fixtures too! I always wanted one over my dining table and put recipes hand written from grandma along with post cards she received from her hubby while he was off at war. I thought it would be a great way to honor her memory. Your very first home will be so lovely!!!! How could it not be when it's a reflection of the two that live there. Can't wait to see all that God has in store for you and Mr. Mister :)

 
At March 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

Thanks for the heads up! I checked it out and while it is really cute, I'm gonna hafta wait till I have a house to put it in! :). It was lovely to officially meet you the other day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home