Wednesday, February 6, 2013

daddy long-legs

Today is a very special day.
This is the day that our family gets to celebrate the life of a truly incredible man.  He is the irreplaceable 'daddy long-legs' to us kids ...  handsome husband to our mother... and a talented woodworker named John to the rest of the world. 
Birthday boy!!

I am so fortunate to have this man for my father.  

He has been, and continues to be, an amazing Christ-like example to each of us.   He treats everyone with respect and integrity, regardless of their 'status'.   He truly lays down his life for his family, working his hind-end off to provide while always making time for morning Biblestudy, ping-pong with my little brother, cigars with my mister, coffee with me and my sister, date nights with my mom... etc.  He is probably the most patient, strong, gracious, faithful, and genuine person I have ever encountered, not even exaggerating.  



Happy Birthday Daddy long-legs!!!

 I love you SO very much.

Thank you for being the man that you are.

I pray that you have a wonderful, blessed year!
...and may you have many many MANY more... :)







Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 6, 2013 at 1:47 PM , Blogger J.K. English said...

From what you say, your dad sounds like a wonderful man. and he looks like a sight for sore eyes too;)

 
At February 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

HAha! He definitely is a handsome guy :) And I honestly do not feel like my words do him justice... he is a very, very wonderful man.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home