Monday, February 4, 2013

Moody Mondays...{fresh}


Good Morning everyone!  
Welcome to the second installment of "Moody Mondays". 




Whether it's because spring is around the corner or because I have finally taken a much needed shower, this week I am all about FRESH.  I am craving clean, cheerful, and fun.  I am also craving lime flavored jello, but I won't bore you with that.

My sweet mother, aka. Frock, has been longing to redo her lower level for quite a while.  Like me, however, she loves SO MANY different styles and color palettes that it has been difficult to zero in on a direction for the space.   We decided one dreary day last week to play around with colors and styles and find a look that is fresh, spunky, comfortable, etc.  

This is what we came up with:


Lower Level Inspiration
 
Via: Polyvore


(The green polka-dot would be wallpaper in the dining/ game nook)
It's not 'basement-y' in the least, but I think it would be a fun space to hang out regardless!  
I am loving those shades of green lately... with hits of lemon... grounded by warm brown, charcoal, and blue-grey... *sigh*

By the way, Frock introduced me to this cool website for color inspiration called Design- Seeds, and I will most surely be visiting it regularly.  Check it out next time you are in an uninspired design-slump!

Though we are not sure that this is the look that will end up in the space, we sure had fun playing.

xoxo

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 4, 2013 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The new design board is so FRESH and I love the fact that we can use it as an inspiration board as well as a road map to finish our lower level. I find the wall saying on the design board apropos! 'DREAMS DON'T WORK UNLESS YOU DO'. That being said, I'm rolling up my sleeves as we speak and getting busy with final details. The list goes something like this: Start with budget, then measure every space including window placements and size, doors, etc. Next, layout furniture placement, then figure out what will be a DIY project and what must be purchased. Then onto searching the web for great deals while keeping in mind not to compromise quality. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Only one question left...are you willing to help me, Lily? This may be a project to get the creative and talented Hock involved as well. Stay tuned:)

February 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

 
At February 4, 2013 at 3:34 PM , Blogger J.K. English said...

I wish I could hire you to design the inside of Nathan's workspace and surprise him with it. He likes this sort of thing, but has no time to even start. You are SO good at this!!!

 
At February 4, 2013 at 5:33 PM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

Friend- I would LOVE to help you with that! You don't have to hire me- I would love to contribute to your cause pro bono :) that is so sweet of you to want to surprise him!

 
At February 4, 2013 at 5:36 PM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

Of course I will! We will have such fun :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home