Thursday, February 7, 2013

~Pizza Pizza~

Oh, pizza.
How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways...

On second thought,  how about if I just share my fave pizza recipe?

SO tasty


I really don't have a proper name for this recipe.  Maybe I will just be really abstract and creative and mysterious and call it bacon-asparagus-mushroom-pesto- feta pizza... 


You will need:

-Jiffy or Betty Crocker Pizza crust mix (I used 3 packages Betty's and it made two pizzas)
-1/4 cup Pesto
-1 medium yellow onion, diced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-Asparagus (I used 1/2 bunch), cut into 1" pieces
-6 or 7 Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
-1/2 package of Bacon
-Feta cheese (honestly not sure how much I used... maybe 3/4 cup?  Just eyeball it. )
-Mozzarella (optional)

Prepare crust according to package.  (preheat oven according to package directions as well)  Fry bacon and set aside, reserving 2 tablespoons of grease.  Saute Asparagus in bacon grease.  When the asparagus is cooked, add garlic and saute one minute longer, then remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
Press crust onto a lightly greased baking sheet and top with a healthy smearing of pesto.  Top with mozzarella if you so desire, along with the feta, asparagus, onions, mushrooms, and bacon.  If you are a seasonings-nut like me, go ahead and crack a little black pepper over the whole shebang.

Bake and enjoy!!

Pizza.  The food of champions.



~ my mister in his youth ~

Have a super great Thursday!
xoxoxo


PS.  All of the elements of this pizza, obviously excluding the crust, would make a terrific pasta dish - just saute all the veggies in pesto, add feta and 1/3 cup reserved pasta water to create a slightly creamy sauce.  Toss with pasta of your choosing, top with crumbled bacon and feta... and voila! :)






Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM , Blogger J.K. English said...

um, yum!!! Love pesto on pizza!! And asparagus? what a great idea!! I love how we are eaxh other's biggest fans* xoxo!!!!

 
At February 11, 2013 at 5:43 AM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

I love that too! It's so fun being blog buddies =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home