Monday, March 18, 2013

Moody Mondays.... {new house den}

Once again, Moody Monday almost didn't happen today.   Lately I have been living by the mantra "If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done."  ;)

"Procrastinators unite!  ... tomorrow..."

Aaanyyywhooo,  one of our favorite features of the new house is the den.  There is a fireplace, built in bookshelves, beams across the ceiling, a skylight, and a three-season porch off the back.  We are hoping to keep some of the Mid- Century feeling to the house but, as you know by now, I simply can not commit to just one style.  I love just about EVERY style out there, and would get so tired of all Mid- Century modern, or all Traditional.  

That being said, I have been having a fun/ hard time deciding what I want to do in this house.... I have never had a blank canvas like this!  (EEEK! Still getting used to the fact that we bought a house!!!  Yippee!! )  

The below board is just the first of many for this space, until I figure something out that really hits me.  

living room
New house Den, take 1
I had fun playing with the funky curtains and trying to blend them with some more serious, sophisticated pieces... not sure if I would actually want to live with the curtains, but they are definitely cool!  I really liked that crazy vintage ottoman.  I would love to find some unique vintage pieces like that, those chairs, and even maybe that dresser at Allegan this summer.   (In the actual room, the fireplace is opposite the slider, which is why I did not include it in the board.  The furniture would be facing the fireplace.)  

Like I said- I am going to keep playing around with it until it feels right, but this was a fun start!   I think I just need to find one piece that totally inspires me, and that will help me get the ball rolling for the rest of the space.   

Hope you all had a lovely Monday!

G'night :)

xoxo,
Lily

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Joanne Barragan said...

It seems that you have a wonderful and cozy house den, Lily. I can imagine how comfortable it is especially with the fireplace and the skylight. What are the developments you've made so far? Have you considered adding a sofa bed in there? It would be great if you placed it right under the skylights. Ugh, I envy you for having such great features in the house! I, on the other hand, still need to install skylights in our family room to make it more relaxing.

Joanne Barragan

 
At May 28, 2013 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Lino Kosters said...

Your new house indeed has a lot of great features. I wonder how your skylight looks like. Did it occupy half of the roof surface or just a small part of it? Many love having one in their homes. Even if it's just a small skylight, they are happy with it as long as they can have a glance of the awesome view above.

Arrys Roofing

 
At June 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM , Blogger *laura* said...

how is the little house coming along? *laura*

 
At September 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Greetings Shaina! Can't wait to see how it turns out! I was wondering if you could answer my question about your blog! I'm Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home