Monday, March 4, 2013

Moody Mondays.... {from scary to airy)

Happy Monday to y'all!!
 
I hope you had a lovely sunshiney weekend! 
We kicked our weekend off with a fabulous dinner and much cherished fellowship over at B-ma's house... we absolutely love her, her hubby ,and their beautiful babes.  They are true-blue freinds who love God with passion and zeal and live their lives with such zest and contageous joy... they are honest, encouraging, humble, caring, loving... and funny as all getout.  We are truly blessed to call them our friends.  (and blessed to eat Jana's famous cooking :)
 
Saturday consisted of working, and afterwords vegging on the sofa with my man and some Sherlock Holmes BBC action. 
 
On Sunday after church we went through the house a second time... and PUT IN AN OFFER!
 
We are supposed to find out tonight if they accept/counter our offer.... eeeek!!  I don't even know what to think.  I don't want to get too excited right now, because there is always a chance that it will not work out... but goodness, it would be pretty cool if it does.
SO excited to see what happens... whether or not we get this house, we know that there is a perfect plan unfolding that we get to be a part of!
 
 
In light of all of this, I have been very neglectful of this poor little blog lately.  At least im stickin' to my Moody Monday series...  that counts for something, right?
 
I have been playing on polyvore like crazy in the past few days, trying to get my creative juices flowing and forming a vision for this house, should it become our home.
One room that I would be VERY excited to transform is the main bathroom in all it's carpeted, wallpapered, flesh- colored tile glory. 
 
I would show you a picture, but I don't want to give you bad dreams.
 
Below is the mood board I threw together for the space, hoping to turn it from scary to airy.






bathroom inspiration

bathroom inspiration

I would love to find (or have my dad build) a vintagey, Mid Century looking buffet in an oiled walnut finish that we could use as the bathroom vanity.  Im thinking we could get a slab of marble for the top and some vessel sinks... and of course some sweet vintage mirrors and swing arm sconces to go above.  I would LOVE to do either white or grey- veined marble penny tile on the floors and a beautiful, pale, seafoamy gray for the walls.  I would want to complete the look with a vintage, possibly overdyed, kilim rug and a clean graphic shower curtain.  (which would replace the oh-so-lovely exsisting glass shower doors, complete with a pair of etched swans....) 

If we do get the house, it would likely be a while before we could tackle this project, but at least I have a plan should that day come!  =)

xoxoxo
Shaina

 

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At March 5, 2013 at 11:51 AM , Blogger J.K. English said...

Shaina!! You are always so kind and uplifting with your words! Nathan and I appreciate the company/time you and Philip give us, twas a joy to be with you! I can't wait to find out if you get the house or what!?! Again, I want to repeat that you have such an incredible eye and vision to see past the surface and find something beautiful.

 
At March 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

Thank you so much! As far as the house.... They countered our offer but it was a bit hogher than what we are comfortable with, so for now we are going to let it go. :( I am a little sad about it to be honest, but I know that God has a house for us somewhere and His timing is perfect. =)

 
At March 13, 2013 at 3:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! I hope they accept your offer! I think your hubs said that it had pink tile...if that is the case DON'T change it! lol I love vintage pink tile!!!

 
At March 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM , Blogger hockfrockandlily said...

Thanks Abby! We got the house!!!!! WOOTWOOT!! And unfortunately, the tile is less a pretty pink and more a fleshy brownish pink....blech! You may be seeing my mug at found soon- I'm going to need some cool vintage artwork and fabrics! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home